At the time of construction, there are so many things used that are important for a long-lasting construction and one of them is concrete. It is used to make the building or roads strong. And, to transfer it, a machine called a concrete pump is used.
So, here in this blog, we are going to talk about what a concrete pump is? And, what are the benefits of concrete pumping at the time of construction? These are a few things you need to know before you start working on your first construction project. These are the things that will help you to get the desired results.
What Is a Concrete Pump?
So, a concrete pump is a construction machine vehicle that is used to transfer liquid concrete by pumping. It is used to transfer concrete at different heights. It works using the basic principles of hydraulics and valve system. It is a really useful machine at every construction site.
In the market, you are going to find different types of concrete pumps and some of them have been mentioned below:
- Truck-Mounted Pumps– Also known as boom pump, the truck-mounted pumps are attached to a truck. It is made with a remote-controlled articulating robotic arm that is used to place the concrete perfectly at the construction site saving manual labor costs.
These are the pumps that are generally used at large construction sites. They have the capacity to pump a large volume of concrete at a time. Constructors like it for its multi-purpose robotic arm as it saves them a lot of time.
- Stationary Pump– Now, this is another type of pump that is used for concrete pumping. It is installed on a trailer for proper working. This pump needs steel or rubber hoses that are to be attached to the outlet of the concrete machine.
They are generally used at the smaller construction sites because they have the pumping capacity lesser than the truck-mounted pumps.
What Are the Benefits of Concrete Pumps?
Before you start using any of the 2 types of pump concretes, here are few benefits you need to know about them:
- The best thing about the concrete pumps is that they increase the speed of concrete pouring. They help in making the process of concrete pumping simple that helps in speeding up your construction project. Mostly used in large land constructive areas.
- It also helps in reducing the number of labor needed for this job. It helps in lowering the congestion at the site caused due to higher labor at the workplace. And, it also helps in reducing the labor cost.
- With the help of the concrete pumps, the accuracy in pouring the concrete increases. It increases the quality of work. With accuracy in concrete pumping, comes less or no wastage of material.
- Another best thing about the concrete pumps the mixing of the materials are accurately carried out that develops a stronger bonding of the building. And you know the stronger the concrete will be the less repairing a building would want.
- It will help you in taking the concrete at higher and far-reaching places to make things quite convenient for you.
So basically it is an economical option to go for. You will be able to use it for various purposes and the desired results. Though it is expensive, it is going to save you a lot of time and help you meet the deadlines.
You can choose any of the pumps for concrete pumping and they are going to give you the same benefits. The only thing you need to make sure is that you are choosing the one according to the construction area you will work on.