Your head may do all the thinking, but it cannot move without your neck. We believe that humans can easily deal with a body part that doesn’t risk organ failure. Unfortunately, a severe neck injury can paralyze you forever or can even prove to be fatal. Your neck consists of the spinal cord that not only keeps you standing but also relays information from the brain to the rest of your body since it controls the central nervous system.
Another vital function of the brain that sounds more like a scary movie is connecting your body to the head. Without the neck, you are either a floating head or a headless body. The neck is an important part of our body, and a Neck Pain Specialist is the best way to ensure that you take complete care of it.
Reasons for Neck Pain
- Poor Posture: in the time of a pandemic, where we are all glued to our chairs and computer screens, our Posture is bound to vitiate. Slouching while walking strains the neck muscles leading to discomfort and pain.
- Injuries: a blow to the neck or a side effect of a head or spinal injury can cause neck pain. The best way to treat it is by consulting a doctor.
- Osteoarthritis, Meningitis, and More: such diseases create a bacterial infection leading to inflammation. This can cause severe neck pain and stiffness.
- Old Age: With age, the joints and muscles become weaker, causing several discomforts, including neck pain.’
- Sleeping Position: People tend to move in their sleep that can cause the body to be uncomfortable. Thus many people wake up with a stiff neck the next day.
- Physical Activity: If a person indulges in an activity that requires frequent neck movement, such as dancing or certain sports, it can strain the neck muscles. It is advisable to consult a Neck Pain Specialist for ways to prevent neck injury while performing,
- Weight: Extra weight stresses the spinal cord. The neck tries to reduce the stress on the spine that affects one’s Posture.
Ways To Prevent Neck Pain
Small steps take you a long way. A few lifestyle changes can help you improve posture, a healthier neck, and better mobility. A few ways to prevent neck pain are
- Proper Posture: One must make a conscious effort to keep their back straight to achieve the proper Posture. Since one cannot control their position while sleeping, consider changing your mattress and pillow. If a person sleeps on their back, chances of straining their neck are low.
- Exercise: Simple exercises such as sideways and forward-backward tilt and neck rotation will go a long way. They stretch your muscles and increase mobility.
- Seating Duration: Make sure you take breaks in between your work. Sitting on a chair and staring at the screen can be harmful to your neck as well as your eyes.
- Hydration: Staying hydrated prevents cervical disc degeneration, which causes stiffness in the neck.
- Consulting a Doctor: In case of neck pain aggravates despite treating it with compress, causes head or backaches, or interferes in your daily tasks, you must see a doctor.
From relaying messages to ensuring that you stand tall on your feet, your neck supports a lot more in your body than expected. As humans, we tend to overlook discomforts that don’t majorly affect us.
A Neck Pain Specialist in Tampa helps you take proper care of your neck, even when you let it pass as a stiff neck because of a long day. Do not dawdle to visit your doctor because your brain deserves the best support.